בטהרה – purity.
- Torah must become a vision, a belief, and a way of life. For that we need Taharah – purity in heart and deeds.
- Before beginning to study, one must purify his thoughts, set aside distractions.
- Torah is holy and pure and can only reside in pure places (Midrash Shmuel).
5 Ways To Stay Focused In A World Full Of Distractions
- SET UP YOUR DAY THE NIGHT BEFORE: Getting into the habit of planning your day in advance will remove your easiest decisions from the table, making it easier to avoid getting sidetracked and wasting time and energy on small, unimportant things.
DO THE MOST DIFFICULT THINGS FIRST: Research has shown that our minds are sharpest in the morning and that is when we should tackle the tough job
- ELIMINATE DISTRACTIONS AND TIME WASTERS: Take a quick break when working on something if you feel your energy fading.
- REGENERATE AND KEEP UP YOUR ENERGY: Take a quick break when working on something if you feel your energy fading. Take a brisk walk, run, stretch, or do whatever creates results for you to take a brief retreat from the work and regenerate. You will come back to your task with renewed vigor and a sharper mental focus.
- CONSTANTLY REMIND YOURSELF OF YOUR ULTIMATE GOAL; Create a vision board, a mind movie, or some system that serves as a constant reminder of what you are working toward. The “why” behind the goal is crucial as it will serve as a motivator.
#SMARTalks is a growing online community for young Jews to discuss history, current events, and connect online through timely and relevant content. SMARTalks are great conversations for Jewish millennials. A project of Jews for Judaism, driven by Jewish values and text.